Tuesday 31 December 2013

A time for reflection.

Tuesday 31st December 2013.  New Year’s Eve or Old Year’s Night.  A time for reflection.  As always we had our ups and our downs. 

Our highlight of course was the birth of little Jackson.  It was a scary time when he came into the world at just 29 weeks.  Verity and Steve had to be so brave. We all did.  He is nearly a year old now and doing really well.


The worst event of 2013 has only recently happened. The loss of our Alfie, who crossed the rainbow bridge on the 19th of December.  We will love and miss him always.


Looking back it is the ups that I want to remember tonight and for which I am grateful for.

I am blessed to have made it through another year pretty much unscathed.  I have my health, my family and my home.  I have many friends.  I have the luxury of being a home maker and have time to do my own thing as well as time to work with the doggies. I have so much to be grateful for.

I hope as we pass the midnight hour and enter the New Year that 2014 will be a good year.   I hope that it will bring each and every one of us ………. Enough.


Happy New Year.


2 comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget