Wednesday 25 March 2015

Dusting off the cobwebs.

Creeping in very quietly, brushing away the cobwebs and wondering if anyone will even notice me.... Wonder if anyone will even remember me?

In the last 2 years I have been here around a dozen times.  Not a good track record when you remember that I used to do a daily blog.  The habit seemed to go by the wayside around the time we moved house back in December 2011.  I guess I was busy.

Last year I had such good intentions and started out well in January with some daily photos.  It all came to a standstill mid January when life threw me one of those curve balls.  So, this year, once again, I started out in January and managed a few short blogs until........ Wham....18th January and along comes another one.  I don't like January.

So over the last few years a lot has happened and much has changed and I don't even know where to begin.  I would need to write a book.  Actually that reminds me of a favourite book, "Bridget Jones Diary".  So in the fashion of Bridget Jones here are the last 2 years of my life summed up:

Dads died - 1.  Uncles died - 1.  Dogs died - 1.  Grandsons born - 1.  Daughters having major surgery - 1.  Fire at kennels - 1.  Dogs lost in fire - 3.  Dogs come to live with us -1.  Husbands retiring soon - 1.

Cigarettes consumed -  don't tempt me.  Glasses of wine - Loads.  Weight loss - 1stone 6.5lbs.

So it has been a rough couple of years for us with much sadness,  However, I am well aware that it is nothing compared to what some people go through.  There has also been much happiness and I do realise just how lucky I am.

I make an effort every day before I go to sleep to count my blessings and they are many.  Here are just a few in the style once again of Bridget Jones.

Husbands - 1. Sons - 2.  Daughters - 3. Son in Laws - 3. Daughters in law - 1.  Daughters in law soon to be - 1.  Grandsons - 4. Granddaughters - 2.  Dogs come to live with us - 1.  Home to live in - 1.  2nd Home (soon) -  1.  Motorhome -1.  Food in the cupboards - lots. Money to live on - enough.  Health - yes!  Special cousins - 1.

A big thank you to Wendy who has motivated me to (hopefully) get back into the bloging habit.  I will begin tomorrow (hopefully) when I shall move on to some  of those blessings.

Jilly




3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! This is a turnabout, me encouraging you to blog when it was you that got me started on this in the first place. Hope you've not had too much pain today with the back and look forward to seeing more blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning Jilly-good to see you here again-some years are just rough ones-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... your blessing list is similar to mine, 1 daughter, 2 daughter, 3 daughter, 4 granddaughter, 5 grandson, 6 granddaughter, 7 grandson, followed by sisters, nephews neices, grand nephews and grandneices... etc etc........ .........yep.... I understand those blessings and priorities. :-)

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget