Monday 6 April 2015

Weight loss and pink Crimplene suits.

A follow on from yesterdays post on weight loss.

I am feeling very pleased with myself. First of all, this week I have lost 2 and a half pounds making me now 11st 4.5lbs. That is a total loss of 22.5lbs. Go me! I am halfway there. Hopefully it won't get harder and harder.

Second thing that has made me happy is that I went shopping. LOL, Shopping does not normally make me happy. I hadn't planned to but Simon had errands to do in Peterborough so I went along as well to have a look around. I usually hate shopping and very rarely ever go into the city.

For once this was a good experience. I tried on lots of things and made some purchases. 2 pairs of trousers, one black and one beige and 2 tunic style tops. That was good but the really brilliant thing that put a smile on my face was that they were all a size smaller than normal. Top and bottom, a size smaller. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat when I got in the car to come home.

Lots more hard work to go though so mustn’t get complacent.

Now to change the subject a little I have a question for all you trendy, in fashion, people out there.... What is the deal with all the Crimplene around at the moment?

I am calling it Crimplene because that is what it was called when I was a kid. The labels say polyester now but trust me it is Crimplene and it's still ugly.

Everywhere I went, every single shop, had dresses and skirts in this thick, stiff, textured fabric. Marks and Spencer’s even had a dress in a bright neon pink and white which reminded me exactly of a little Crimplene suit that I was “forced” into wearing to the wedding of one of my Mum's cousins when I was child.

I HATED that suit. I can remember buying it. It came from East Ham market. Wendy, at the time, I remember Roger working there. Not on the children’s clothes stall though! Have I remembered that right? For some reason my memory says he worked on an electrical stall on the corner. Might just be dreaming it all of course, you’ll have to let me know.

Ooops, got a bit side tracked there!

I was supposed to be getting something nice to compensate for the fact that my sister was a bridesmaid and I wasn't. I got this revolting, white and pink Crimplene suit. A pleated skirt and jacket. I will have to try and find a photo of it but not now as I am writing this in bed and it is very late.

I cannot believe that such a horrid, ugly fabric is apparently back in fashion. If you ever see me wearing it, just shoot me.


Night, night.

Jilly

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Jilly!! I hope you never have to wear anything made from that fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It often makes me laugh how the latest designers seem to think they've come up with something new and interesting and all they're doing is recycling something from years before! Yes Roger did work in the market but can't for the life of me think of which stall!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget