Going to have a go at joining in the Hodge Podge again.
Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Share one thing that really makes your day.
Blue sky and preferably sun. Not much chance of that happening here any time soon.
2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colourful places on earth are: Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.
Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or travelled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colourful?
That depends on what you mean by colourful? Does that actually refer to colours or colourful as in what goes on there? I have been to France and to San Francisco. France can be very colourful in summer when there are fields and fields full of giant sunflowers. San Francisco is colourful in its eclectic mix of people and cultures.
3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?
I think in certain circumstances it can be true. Sometimes you need to conquer your fears and if you can then the end result will be positive. However, I pretty much have everything I need right now so I have to disagree.
4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?
I know how to spell both words and do not get confused over them. I would choose Malteser cheesecake with a dollop of double cream and a dollop of clotted cream! I LOVE my cream!
5. What song almost always makes you cry?
I am really not mush into music But the Vera Lynn song “we'll meet again” was sung at both of my parents funerals and I can't hear it or even think about it with out being totally wretched. Tears running down my face right now!
6. January is National Soup Month. Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup,thick as pea soup, souped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain. Who on earth comes up with these “months” Why soup month? How totally bizarre. I have never heard of any of those expressions and they don't sound like they would be relevant to my life at all.
7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?
8. Insert your own random thought here. They keep saying that it is going to get colder towards the end of the month. They forecast snow today but we haven't seen any. I HATE winter. Roll on spring.