Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome 2016

Well here we are.  I hope that by now we have all all arrived safely in 2016.  My daughter commented yesterday that she always feels sad as the year closes.  I think the opposite.  We must be happy that we have made it through and that we have another year stretching ahead.  I find it exciting.  So many possibilities lie ahead.

Those who know me will already know that they will not be finding resolutions here.  I don't do those.  There is nothing magical about the 1st of January.  If you want to start something, well just get on and start it.  Want to make changes?  Well do it.  Start right away.  It doesn't matter what the date is.

I do have hopes and plans for the year ahead.  Here are a few:

Our biggie which I am so excited for is our youngest sons wedding in August.  

We want to get away more in Tallulah this year.  Maybe even venture abroad in her.

I want to progress with my various crafts and maybe learn some new ones.   I must get to grips with my Cricut.

I want to make sure that I stay healthy and maintain last years weight loss.

We want to see as much as possible of family and friends.  That is more important than anything else.

There are loads more things in my head too.  I can't list them all but I expect you get the idea.  My plan is basically to take care of myself and of those around me. To be happy and busy and simply grateful for every new day.

I will remember that today is the only day that I have.

In the words of Mother Theresa "Let us begin".



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget