Monday 28 January 2013

Show and tell on Monday


Well as you know we have had a busy couple of weeks.  It hasn't stopped me doing and making though.  So time for "Show and Tell".

Most of this weeks makes are small things.  The first thing was for myself.  It is a simple draw string bag to keep the first aid kit in the car.  The old one had got ruined by something spilling.  The draw string bag fits in the glove compartment far more easily than a box.


Next is another mobile phone pouch.


Then another iPad pouch.


How about a pink felt flower brooch?


My next make was a peg bag, made with gorgeous doggie fabric and lined with plain lilac fabric.  Apparently my friends over the pond in Merika call pegs ..... pins.


Yesterday I needed something easy and relaxing so it was back to my old favourite the felt brooches.  I sold 6 this week on Ebay so I made a dozen new ones.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

All of the above are for sale in my Fabrilushus shop.  I still have misgivings about that, nothing is selling there but it does on Ebay.  Oh well, I said I would give it 4 months so we shall see.

This week I am going to do some finishing, I think.  I have a little embroidered card for Verity and Steve which I must get done.  A wall hanging that is half done and I am behind on my rows of the month quilt so I want to get those done too.

On Friday I have Denise and Coralie coming for a sewing session and I must find out what we are doing.  I must also make a start on our project of "through the key hole".  The 3 of us are each going to make a wall hanging piece on that theme.  No reason except to maybe challenge ourselves to use new ideas and try out new techniques and just, well just because!  It will be great to see what each of us comes up with.  We have until 1st of May to do it.

OK, time to get off my bum and do some house work then hopefully this afternoon I can sew.  This was my coffee break.  I am about a quarter of the way through my jobs.


6 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work! You know, I don't even have a peg/pin in the house. With a dryer, I don't have to hang clothes out anymore. If something can't go in the dryer, I put it on a hanger in the bathroom to dry. My mom used to hang everything out to dry in the summer, though, so I sure do know how clothes pins work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks great Jilly, love the bags, and glad you sold some items on etsy too have an awesome monday Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't Kathy, I sold them on Ebay! Etsy is not proving to be any good for me so far.

      Delete
  3. Every thing you make seems so... precise, so neat and tidy. I'm not always very good at that side of things, I admire anyone who consistantly turns out work so well finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work - I can hardly wait to get my sewing machine back and start sewing again. Today I did absolutely nothing - well except make dinner (very easy baked hasselback potatoes, chicken breasts and veggies. I let the oven do all the work! I am interested in seeing how your Etsy works. I really did expect it to be a bit better than eBay, but that's not what you're seeing, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call them clothes pins.........yep......love the doggy clothes pin bags......I do not hang clothes on the line ......or iron....lol as you know. all your things are so puuuuuuurdy. I let my oven do all the work most times when its not 110 degrees outside.....I like one roasting pot meals the best, sooooo easy.

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget