Friday 22 February 2013

Show and tell


Goodness it is 3 weeks since my last show and tell and I have made loads of things.  Somany that I don't quite know what to start with.

Actually there is so much that I'll split it in 2. I'll start with things that I have made for family and then do another blog with things I have made to sell.

These are a couple of things that I have made for Jackson.  First of all a taggy blanket made with gorgeous, soft, blue Minky fabric.


I found the pattern for this burp cloth on the internet and liked it because it is shaped.


We had Ellie here one day last week for dinner and she just loves to go and poke around in my sewing room.  Sorting through the piles of fabric is a favourite game.  She saw some of the tote bags that I have made and asked if I would do one for her.  She chose her own fabrics!  It is quite bright.


Of course I had to make one for Jessica too.


I made 3 cards, a valentines one for Simon and birthday cards for Steve and Josh. I only seem to have a photo of Steve's card.


My niece Carly has just had a baby girl this week so just tonight I made her a taggy and a burp cloth.


So those are the things I made for family.  I'll show you the other stuff soon.




7 comments:

  1. Such talent!! Thanks for sharing the lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the Etsy store. I think it's more suited to fabric items, I have no luck there at all, maybe two items a month. What I will do is add your store to my favourites so my customers see it. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! I just found out part of the problem. 56 items had expired and nobody told me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always..such awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the burp cloth, how you made a little cutout for the neck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you do the stipple quilting on Ellie and Jessica's bags? I'll have to chat with you about that off line. These are simply awesome and such an inspiration for me. Where did you get the idea for the tags? I haven't seen that anywhere over here and it would be such fun. Aren't those minky materials sooooo soft and cuddly!! You've done great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did the stippling. I am getting much better at it now. I found it so hard to begin with but the bags are small so give good practice.

      Most babby shops over here sell taggy blankies. Sometimes they are called ribbon comforters. Babies like fiddling with the ribbons. There are different textures as well as colours.

      Delete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget