Tuesday 28 January 2014

Photo 365 - 28

I'm still knitting! I have now completed 10 garter stitch squares so a blanket for Loulou might be a possibility eventually.  More exciting than squares I am now knitting with the lovely chunky wool on very big chunky needles.  Both new experiences for me.

I have already completed half of a mitten and the headband. I am waiting for some big eyed sewing needles that I have ordered so that I can stitch the headband together.  I am also waiting on a visit from Denise to show me how to pick up the stitches around the thumb on the mitten so that I can finish it.  I have never had to do that before and although I think I might have it straight in my head, I am not sure and don't want to mess it up.


So today, while I am waiting, I started on the cowl.  I think it is about half way there as it has to measure 20 inches in total.  I am really pleased with it so far although the loose edge bothers me slightly.  The wool is gorgeously soft and because the pattern has rows that are sort of open with big loops I think it will be very warm.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with how quickly you picked this up! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget