Saturday 1 February 2014

Prompt-A-Day

Well I have managed to get through January with a photo a day but to be honest I am still struggling to get back to daily blogging.  A friend of mine has just started to join in with something called “Prompt-a-day”.  It is very similar to my old daily photo themes.  The idea is that a prompt is given for each day and you then run with that and write something on that theme.  Obviously everyone will interpret it differently. 

Should you wish to join in you can find a list of Februarys prompts here: http://writealm.com/february-prompt-a-day/

You will also be able to see in the comments the links to other participants blogs.

The prompt for today is: 1. First things first.

I pride myself on being a very organised person.  I like to plan ahead.  So for me no matter what I am doing, or thinking, or planning, my “first things first” is a list.  Yes, I am a list maker.  I think you either are or you aren’t but for me I need a list.

I have lots.  I have a list of household chores, daily, weekly and monthly.  I have lists of menu ideas and of course a shopping list.  Is there anyone who can shop without a list? I have lists of birthdays and present ideas.  Lists of things I want to do, lists of things to make, places I want to visit……..The lists go on and on!

The reason a list is my “first things first” is I very much doubt that I would ever get started on anything without one.   I like order and structure in life.  I don’t like the unexpected.

So with that in mind, I am copying and pasting the list of February’s daily prompts.   I very much hope to be able to join in with some of these.


My friend Jane who has bought this to my attention wrote her post on Tea.  It is interesting especially as she has a link to information about the social history of tea drinking.  You can see it here.  Writing and stuff.


1 comment:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget