Thursday 1 January 2015

1st January 2015

January First 2015. A Happy New Year to everyone. What did you all do today with this first day of the year? Did you all stay up to see the old year out?

New Year has never been that important to Simon and I. It is after all just another date in the calender. A marker of time passing.

We did stay up, but not especially. We are always late to bed in school holiday time. That will all change next week with Simon back to school. (Work!) We were both busy on our lap tops but we did stop about 10 minutes before midnight. We both had a drink and we raised a toast to my Mum and Dad as Big Ben struck the midnight hour and the new year officially begun. I did shed some tears. It is hard not too, but I pulled myself together quick sharp.

We watched the firework celebrations on the banks of the Thames in London. I really don't like fireworks as a rule; I find them pretty “samey” If you have seen one, well you’ve seen them all. Hate the noise of them too. That said the display last night was pretty spectacular. I was happy to be watching it on the TV though. It would be one of my worst nightmares to be there in amongst all those crowds.

We went to bed shortly afterwards but I couldn't sleep so I read back through my old blog entries. Right the way back to 2012. It was lovely to be reminded of the good times as well as the hard ones.

I was very interested to read last years “Goals”. I call them goals you may call them resolutions. I had 5 and I relist them below. Only one had any measure of success.

Lose some weight, improve health and fitness. LMAO. If anything, I probably added more pounds.

Find new ways to raise funds for 3CDR. I had some measure of success here. Myself and Coralie organised a quiz evening in September which raised £700. We are now also collecting used postage stamps although it remains to be seen what money we will get for them.

Double my Etsy sales. I did increase sales over last year but not double. It was helped by selling the little Tibetan silver charms.

Learn how to use camera properly and improve photos. Never even looked in the camera manual and my photography skills are still poor.

Try out a new craft each month. Started knitting in January and, well you know the rest.

So “goals” for this year? Just one. My goal is to do more of what makes me happy.

We did that today. We had a little tip out to Peterborough to go to Hobby Craft. I wanted a few bits for some new crafts. I have the best husband. He patiently followed me around carrying the basket.


Do you set goals for yourself? Were you successful in your 2014 goals.

Hopefully, I will get my blogging mojo back this year and will keep you up to date with everything that is making me happy.

Bring on 2015.



PS.  "A goal without a plan is only a wish".


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jilly-I never have really made resolutions or goals much but now that I am in my 60s I strive to learn new things all year long-especially creative ones. I learned allot of new things last year and hope to do the same this year.

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget