Friday 3 April 2015

"C" is for Coralie

Day 3 of the A- Z challenge so it is the letter “C”. Seeing as I have been thinking so much about blessings recently, I have decided to keep this easy today. I am also aiming to make it shorter as apparently that is good!.

C” is for Coralie. Coralie is my 2nd child and eldest daughter. She is an incredible woman who I am terribly proud of. Many of you know that she hasn't had the easiest of rides with her health.

She suffered for many years with all kinds of women’s problems and other stomach issues. This culminated last year when she was very ill and had several lots of major surgery. Some of you know the details. I won't go into it all here.

The wonderful news is that she is finally back to full health and ready for anything. In her words “I feel like I can do anything now” I know that she can.

One of her many pursuits is cycling. She got into it seriously a few years back. She has done quite a few rides for charity. This October is her biggest yet. She is doing the “Cycle Africa Challenge” in aid of women’s cancer charities. They are Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust, Breast Cancer Care and Ovarian Cancer Action. It is a huge challenge. I am so proud of her. Did I say that already?

Here are a few photos of her on her bike.
 
 
 
If anyone would like to donate a few pennies to this cause then you can visit her Just Giving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/coralie-c-huson/

At the bottom of this blog post I have copied Coralie's own words from her page. (in Pink)

Children are one of the biggest blessings a person can have and I have been blessed 5 times. Coralie is one of those blessings.

Story

I read recently that 1:4 people will encounter cancer at some point in their lifetime. I don’t know how such a statistic is calculated but it is scary. I am one of 5 children, that means one of us will be affected by cancer, or one of my 5 nieces and nephews. What a thought. I figure we all need to pitch in and do something about it.

Some clever people carry out research into medicines and procedures, some people wear a ribbon or a band in support of a charity, some donate monthly or put coins in a collecting tin. Me? I am going to cycle many long and sweaty miles across Tanzania to raise money for women’s cancer charities.
 
Many of you know how much I love my bike, how much I enjoy being out on the road. But make no mistake, this is a big challenge. 9 days away from my boys, 9 days of heat, (I hate being hot!) and six solid days of cycling in a different climate, on different terrain, with a group of women I have yet to meet! I can't wait, but what a challenge!!!

Thanks for taking the time to visit my Just Giving page.
Donating through Just Giving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with Just Giving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

I am thankful for whatever pennies and pounds you are able to donate. They are going to a good cause.
THANK YOU.

Jilly

2 comments:

  1. Jilly!! I lost you from my feed. So glad to see you again! This is a great story about your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tribute to your daughter Coralie! Glad she's back on her feet, or better yet, on her bike!
    Happy Easter from a fellow A-Z blogger

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget