Friday 21 December 2012

The final show and tell of the year


I have a few bits and pieces to show you in this last show and tell for 2012.  The most exciting is the finished baby quilt.  The photo isn't great but hopefully you can see that it has turned out quite well.  It isn't perfect but I am proud of it and I don't suppose the baby will be too fussed.


I have also made another ribbon taggie square which is to go in our snowman for the baby.  Do you remember our snowman?  He comes out every year and he has a small gift inside him for every member of the family.  Simon gets them out and the grandchildren take them to each person in turn.  It is one of our traditions.  My Mum used to have a snowman  years ago.  Underneath the taggie is a photo of the snowman.  I made him a few years back from chicken wire covered in layers and layers of paper maiche and then cotton wool.

I made another bum bag which I am keeping for the craft show next year.  Remember that the Dog rescue do a dog show in the summer and my aim is to make enough stuff to be able to have a craft stall for them.  I already have about 50 little brooches, a make up pouch and a jewellery roll.  I have a whole list of things to get started on in the new year which will include, bum bags, shopping bags, aprons, cushions, brooches, cases for ipads and kindles, glasses cases, sock monkeys, peg bags, wall hangings maybe some teddies.  In fact anything that I can think of that won't cost too much to make and can be sold relatively cheaply.


This small Stanley dog is also for the craft show, not best happy with his ears.


This cat door stop was made from a design printed on fabric that I got for 69p ages ago.  I actually made it ages ago but only just sewed on the button eyes this week.  Not happy about his ears either.  It will also go for the craft show.


I have been attempting to make hair clips as I think they could be a good cheap seller along with head bands. This looks OK but the glue on the back shows.  I used a glue gun for good strong glue but I can't sell it as it is because of the glue showing on the underside.  It looks messy.  Need to work out a way of doing it so that doesn't happen.  I want to get some cheap head bands to see what I can do with them.  Did glue a small one of my flower brooches to a head band for Ellie last year and that worked quite well.   My idea is that I need to have lots of things that will appeal to children and only cost a pound or two and then the adults will buy them.


These are the birthday cards that I have made for the last few birthdays this year.


And then there are brooches.  Oh yes more brooches.  These have sold well on EBay but I shall be keeping them now for the craft stall.


I also made another gift this week but as it has yet to reach it's destination I can't show it to you.  Next time.  I  am now going to go and get a bit of house work done before starting work on my third bum bag.  This time made with owl fabric.


This is for one of my bloggy friends.  Eeevee, a special lady who has recently started to do volunteer work at a raptor centre near where she lives.

5 comments:

  1. Love the baby quilt Jilly, you have been busy-everything looks wonderful-and love the cat stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt is precious! Your snowman tradition sounds like such fun!! Jilly, you are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the baby quilt is beautiful
    I LOVE the animals, I bet an owl one would look great ; )
    I am so excited to see the fabric on your page and look forward to getting the bumbag..no rush by the way, you have lots to do !)

    those taggies, I bought one for my Grand daughter for Xmas, it is only small and has a wrist strap looking thing on it, what are they for ? to tie to the wrist and then they use it as a comforter ? hers has her name on, I got it from ebay, it is not as pretty as yours

    hair bands that I have with things glued on them usually have a patch of ribbon stuck on the back over the glue to hide it or very small upholstery tape
    talking of that , you asked where I got the one for bag straps. just search ebay for upholstery tape , 50mm is the one I get, it is nice and wide so that it is comfortable, it is only a few quid for a metre
    or search ebay for "twill webbing"

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150753611959?
    var=450063945688&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
    incase the link does not work, this is only £1.75 per metre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and by the way..YOU are special, all the lovely work that you make and give away xx

      Delete
    2. oh., you can usually buy packs of kiddies plastic hairbands in the poundshops or 99p shops, I get mine for something like 5 of them for £1
      they also do packs of card embellishments that you could use on hairbands or anything really

      Delete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget