Tuesday 5 February 2013

Friday

Goodness, where did the week go to?  For that matter where did January go to?  Can't quite get to grips with it already being February.  That means 1 more month of winter and then it will be spring again..........when it's spring again,  I'll bring again, tulips from Amsterdam, la, la, la.....where the heck did that come from? I can't wait for spring, it heralds summer and I love summer.  No guarantee of good weather though.

So,  who would have ever guessed that by the end of January we would already have our new little grandson?  He is two and a half weeks old now and doing well.   He was moved out of intensive care on to the special care unit and has already progressed to an open top incubator.  He is breathing well on his own and gaining weight.  Verity and Steve are both fine.  

Coralie visited them on Wednesday and got to hold him, My sister and brother in law are taking my Dad today so they will get to hold him too.  I am jealous!  We haven't been this week so have not had a cuddle yet. 




Looking back I am not sure where this week has gone and what I have done with it.  Let me think, Monday was the normal round of housework, catching up after the weekend with a bit of sewing thrown in too. Erm, come to think of it Wednesday and Thursday were pretty much the same. 


Tuesday was a busy day as we had 2 visits to the kennels.  We went in the morning so that we could give Jenson some attention.  Simon got him out and we had him in the office for over an hour.  He is so different when he is out of the kennel and is really responding.   He loves Simon.  We zipped home for some lunch and to see our own doggies before going back to accompany Jenson to the vets. 


He was to have gone in our car but for some odd reason the boot will not open.  We first noticed this when it was very cold a week back and thought it had frozen, but it seems that it must be something else.  the rest of the central locking is working fine.  The car is going to the garage next week for new tyres so Paul will look at the boot then.  A  boot is a trunk for you Merikans!   We also need to have the windscreen washer bottle drained.  Right before the cold spell Simon realised that it was empty so filled it with water to drive home from school.  Of course the bad weather came and it froze over night and still won't defrost so we can't get the anti freeze stuff in!  


Back to Jenson.  He must have thought he was a VIP as 4 of us ended up accompanying him!   The vet was actually really pleased with him.  She thought he may have a strain in one of his back legs so gave him so anti-inflammatories  It was decided not to neuter him as he is still very underweight.  He was a very good boy at the Vet and in the car.  I am so thrilled at how he is turning out.


So that was my week.  I am looking forward to the weekend and to seeing baby Jackson.

____________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. I am trying to play catch up on my blog reading! Congratulations on the birth of your grandson!! So happy to hear that he is doing good!

    I am so ready for Spring to arrive. It has been a long hard winter here in Michigan. Wishing you a wonderful week, Jilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson looks so tiny in that picture. Of course he IS tiny, but that picture makes it so real! He looks terrific, and I am happy to hear your wonderful news that he is progressing so well!! Praise God!

    Time is flying by, I agree. January came and went and I'm not sure I remember any of it! Wishing you a good Tuesday and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget