Monday 20 May 2013

Monday morning.



Monday morning and all is crap! Here is an example of why I am busy. It is just part of the reason.

I have spent the last couple of hours cleaning the kitchen floor. I got up to a blood bath. Alfie's got bad arthritis and keeps falling. When he gets up he drags his paws and he has scrapped a couple of claws to the quick. Simon obviously didn't notice when he let them out this morning. I have stopped the bleeding for now.  

I am going to see if I can get him a little boot.  We used to have one years ago when Rosie cut her foot badly. I am a bit concerned about blood getting on my cream bedroom carpet!  The kitchen floor is at least easily cleanable.  

Unfortunately just noticed that Loulou’s ear is weeping and bleeding. Saw the marks on the kitchen cupboards! You may recall she has a very large tumour? I have bathed it in salt water and am just having coffee before sorting out anything else!

Both babies are currently fast asleep. Breaks my heart too see them old and not in the best of health.

Onwards and upwards.  Lots of housework today. We had a big family BBQ yesterday for Simon’s birthday and I still have some stuff to put away.  Then hopefully it will be sewing time. Provided of course that nothing else occurs!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel so sorry for the Dallies!!! I know that the sunset of lives are filled with physical disabilities that we wish gone. While they've added so much to your life in companionship, now there is so much added work for their care. I would think a boot would help with the paw problem, but Loulou's ear must be such a pain for both of you. Your day will sort out, though, and they'll show their appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a way to start your morning Jilly-hope the rest of your day goes more smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I have not been over here in a while,
    I have been a complete wreck due to the loss of Max and blogging has been too difficult
    We clipped Snickers claws yesterday, had some flour on hand because that works as a styptic if you cannot get silver nitrate
    I am lucky that he has pink claws, much easier, Max had black claws they were a nightmare because the quick could not be seen !
    Snickers is old now and has to be carried sometimes due to his back legs, but us dog lovers will do anything for our dogs won't we !
    love your etsy box on the right xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, this is perfect for me today.
    I am soooo NOT a morning person and today I arranged to go out with a person who IS a morning person. We met at what seemed to me like the middle of the night, actually it wasn't it just felt that way. We took a bus out into the country, took lots of photos of cows and horses and then had lunch in a wonderful little place. All good so far. Then I came home and fell asleep for the afternoon..:-) oh well, I did say I'm not a morning person.
    I agree.............old dogs ( and cats) are so sad, part of the price we pay for their company is the heartbreak when the get old. I hope they are ok and not in too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped in to say sorry that I have not visited much, I see you have not been here yourself, hope you are OK ?
    I have been most behind with everything due to grief, we lost our other dog this week, two dogs in as many months, I am just relieved that they reached good old ages almost 15 and almost 17, we are now a dogless house and it is so quiet
    hope you have a nice peaceful weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget