Wednesday 9 January 2013

Show and tell


Time for a "show and tell" I think so that I can show you what I have been making so far this year.  I have made a total of 5 tote bags, 1 child's tote bag, 3 kindle cases and a cushion.  Not bad.

So let's get started.  The tote bags are padded and quilted and have a strap long enough to go over the shoulder.  This was the first one. Made with Moda fabrics in blue, cream and brown and quilted in straight lines.


This was the second one.  Greens and mustard and quilted with a stippled effect.


Then as I had some fabric left I decided to do another one basically the same as the first with the same wool type fabric for the lining.  The quilting is wider apart on this one though.


The next one was a little different as it was made with half square triangles in multi colours.


For my 5th one I went back to the basic squares.  Lilacs and purple for this one.


My last tote bag was a smaller version suitable for a little girl.  I used squares again and some pretty yellow fabric.

So that's the tote bags that I made.  After that I made 3 quilted cases for Kindles and other E readers. They are all padded and quilted with stippling.  They are all lined too.

Red and Gold.
Pink trees.
Lovely bright flowers.

The last thing I made was a cushion.  I referred to it as a cheats cushion the other day.  The reason for that was that it is actually a printed panel that was given to me and the embroidered accents on the cat had been done already.  I did add some fancy machine stitching though.  I simply just made the back and turned it into a cushion.  It shows a Siamese cat.


So those are my makes so far this year.

My other biggie that I need to tell you about is the opening of my shop on Etsy.  You will know that I have been selling stuff on eBay for a while and that has gone quite well especially my little brooches.   Coralie has an Etsy shop and I did put a few things in there but didn't have any luck.  

Long story short, I decided that I would give it a shot on my own.  On Etsy stuff is listed for sale for 4 months and I figure that will be long enough for me to see if it is worthwhile.  

So I have spent several days listing lots and lots of my stuff on Etsy, 55 things to be precise and finally this morning I have "gone live"  with my own shop called, wait for it.......  FABRILUSHUS.   It is a sort of play on the words luscious fabric.

 This is the website address  www.etsy.com/shop/Fabrilushus 

Now for the shameless plug................. do me a favour and drop by.  Let me know your thoughts.  Good and bad.   If you are on Etsy then could you put me in your circle and add as a favourite please.  Apparently this all helps drive traffic to my shop.  If you can send your friends to have a look too that would be great.    I shall await feedback.  Thank you.

OK, time to go now.  I am not actually feeling too great today and I think I may even go to bed. It is only 9pm but I feel the need.


8 comments:

  1. I love your bags Jilly-I am off to check out your shop-good luck! I just plug along over there, and get surprised when I make sales-which is a nice feeling-and it's fun to do too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your shop looks great Jilly! I added your shop to both my circles and a favorite for both my shops too. I also favorited allot of your items as well.

      Delete
  2. Shop looks great but isn't Bourne spelt with an e? Also when you click the link it takes you to the shop page so you would then have to click again to get your profile where it shows you are donating 10% of your sales to the shelter. Can you not include that in the blurb bit at the top of the shop page explaining what Fabrilushus is about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. Yes Bourne is spelled with an E and I have checked that is how it is in their list but then it puts it on the page minus an E! Not to mention of course that I don't actually live in Bourne! They don't list villages. I am amazed that you noticed that.

      Fair point about the shop page and I have now added the bit about the 10% donations to the shop page where you said. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Jilly, your shop looks great! I wish you so much good luck with your new store!! Your bags and the Kindle covers are wonderful. Fabrilushus is a very fun name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very nice stuff there. Like the idea of a Kindle cover and the bags look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness your bags are sooooooooooooo cute!!! I love them!!! off to go have a look at your website.....congrats girly.....you are a business owner!!!! oh the best of luck Jilly, dont get discouraged you know it takes a while for any business to get established and you are selling lovely things!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. you really are very creative, I love those tote bags of yours, especially the ones with little triangles.

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget