Tuesday 8 January 2013

Tuesday the 8th


Well that's the holidays done and dusted then.  Simon is back to school today so I can get myself back into my normal routines; well for the next 5 weeks anyway.   February half term is early this year.  First though I need a couple of days to get myself straight and reorganised.  Everything seems to go to pot when Simon is at home!

Can you believe we are already over a week into January?  Only 51 more weeks and it will be 2014! Only 350 days to Christmas!  Goodness, best get a wriggle on.

Yesterday was a fairly quiet sort of a day. We had a little sort out and put some stuff into the loft.  Simon caught up on some school marking and planning ready for the start of term.  Then we went out for a short while, to the post office and then to Sainsburys for some food shopping.  I have had to plan carefully for this weeks meals as I cannot use the oven.   Good news about that though, we have contacted the manufacturer and the new glass for the oven door should be with us by the end of the week.

After lunch Simon went out to potter in the garage and I did some sewing.  I made a padded case for a kindle and a child size tote bag.  I shall do a show and tell soon.  I am going to have a go at selling on Etsy.  I did try on Coralies site and didn't get anywhere but I figure maybe I will try harder if I have my own site so I am currently setting that up.  Details soon.

Todays plan is for housework this morning to include  hoovering throughout, changing bed linen, cleaning and tidying kitchen and both bathrooms, washing, ironing and maybe, just maybe, even some dusting.  Now that is a biggie, you know how I feel about dusting! The trouble is with so much coming and going over the last few weeks things have been moved and disturbed and the dust can now be seen!

If I get it all done by lunch time then I shall retire to my sewing room for the afternoon.  I need to take some photos for the Etsy site and then I have things to make.   So, time to get to it.  Onwards and upwards.


4 comments:

  1. You are a busy lady!! It is always nice to get back into our normal, comfortable routines. I can't wait to see your Kindle covers!! Good luck with the new Etsy site! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me but you seem to be wishing your life away. Now I could forgive you for having a countdown ready for 19th March but Christmas, 2014. Pulleeeeeese! I'm only reckoning on the next 9 sleeps. And your morning sounded like a week's work! You're retired, slow down lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT remind me that Christmas is just around the corner! I know I won't be ready, even though you've set the standard. We may actually reach a 'normal' again. David is moving to every third week for his blood filtering, and when his fistula heals, we'll not have to go for his port flushes in between! Once we get past my surgery, we should be close to normal. Then I can spend some sewing time - though I'll never match your output. Nor the beauty you create. You've done well, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of nut are you Jilly??? lmao.....to rile us up so early in the year that Christmas is coming!!!!.....youre silly!!! hugs cuz I love silly!!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget