Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year

OK, so about a week ago I promised to do a nice long Christmas blog.  It hasn't happened....yet!  What a surprise.  I have been busy as always.

I just wanted to quickly pop in on this the last day of 2012 to see out the old year and ring in the new.  I think I have said before that we don't really celebrate the new year.  Well not in the way that some do.  We don't party and we don't go out.  We spend it at home quietly just the 2 of us.  We will still be up at midnight so will see the dawn of 2013 but only because we tend to go to bed late, no other reason really.

Neither of us make new year resolutions.  I don't see the point.  Every day is a new start so if I want to make a resolution I can do it any time.  No need to wait a whole year.

I do however have hopes and dreams for the coming year as I am sure that most of us have.  For me personally I hope that this coming year is one of joyous moments.  I hope it does not have the sadness of the year just gone.  Simon and I have much to look forward to and we will be reminding ourselves regularly that whatever comes our way we will be grateful.

The last post that I did here was the poem "Enough".  That is my constant wish for every one of us.  I wish you a very happy New Year and every blessing for 2013 but above all I WISH YOU ENOUGH.




3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too, Jilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No resolutions here, either - well, except maybe to be more as I'd like to be. There will be some changes in my life, I know. Maybe I'll do better at going in the direction I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best in the new year! I love the inspiration that the new year always brings. I am always so motivated at the beginning of a new year...I just need to figure out how to keep that motivation going throughout the rest of the year..LOL.

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget