Tuesday 1 January 2013

Out with the old, in with the new.


Well that went by in a flash didn't it. Can't quite believe that Christmas is all done and dusted for another year.  This time last year we had been in our new house just a couple of weeks.  We were looking forward to the year ahead, even though we pretty much knew that it wasn't going to be long before we received sad news. We had a lot of plans and we were excited. Where the heck did that year go?  It just flew by.  Must be all the wind we get here in the Lincolnshire Fens.

Actually I remember beginning 2012 hoping and longing for a good summer.  The week of sunshine and a temperature high enough to walk around in a T shirt in March was a good sign....or so I thought!  No such luck,  It was the worst summer that I can remember and there have been some rotten ones the last 10 or so.  Last year was the wettest on record. They are promising more of the same so I shall have no expectations for this summer.  A girl can hope though, yes?

It was a busy year. Probably my worst year.  The death of my Mum followed closely by the death of her sister, my Aunt Glad was very sad. Watching my Dad try to cope afterwards was even harder.  We have had several family members with health problems that are still ongoing.  Then there were the 3 IVF cycles that my daughter went through.  The entire family were with her every step and I can't begin to tell you of the crushing disappointment those first 2 times.  Then of course the sheer elation third time round.

Despite it not being the best year ever we did all survive the predicted end of the world and we have arrived safely in 2013.  Once again we are looking forward to the year ahead.  We have, as always many plans.  We have the excitement and joy of the new baby due in around 10 weeks.  We have the garden to get organised, weather permitting.  Hopefully this year we can grow our own veggies again.   so many things to do.

I just hope that we can get to this time next year and look back and say, "yes 2013 was a good year".


3 comments:

  1. It's off to a good start! May this year bring you sunshine (and us rain!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! Yes, I agree....let's be able to look back at this year and know it was a good one! Please God.

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget