Wednesday 2 January 2013

Last show and tell for 2012


Show and tell time.  These are the last few things that I made in 2012.  I have already got started on 2013's makes but I will show you them in a week or so.

I started making stuff for Christmas presents last January and I was pretty much done by around October.  I am happy to say that my presents all seemed to go down pretty well.

The last few weeks were spent in making a secret Santa gift and a bum bag for my blog friend Eevee.

The secret Santa was organised by Kathy over in Merika.  It was more a swap than a traditional secret Santa although I think she did it with several friends.  Basically the idea was to make something from our scraps and stocks.  Value of no more than $5. I think that is about £8.    Then we swapped.  Kathy sent me a cute little pillow made form her own hand dyed fabric.  It is very cute and I will try to remember to take  photo to show you.

I wasn't sure what to do for Kathy and then I thought I would copy the spring panel from my 4 seasons wall hanging that I made early last year. I used different fabrics but it is very similar.  Simon made the heart shaped, wire hanger.  I think Kathy was pleased with it.

This the original 4 seasons with spring in the top left.


This is the one that I did for Kathy.


The other things I made were for my friend Eevee.  She had seen my bum bag and liked it and as she does volunteer work for a local raptor centre I said that I would make her one in owl fabric.  Eevee loves owls.   I think I showed you the fabric previously.

This is the bum bag.  Apologies to Eevee as  the strap was way to big!


I had left over fabric so I made her a little coaster to put her coffee cup on.


I was on a roll so I also made her a little felt brooch.


Eeevee also liked my small stuffed owls and missed buying one on eBay.  Don't know how that happened as they haven't really sold.  Anyway, I made her a little red one.


She received them today and I have had an email of thanks so I think she was pleased.  Hopefully later this year we may actually meet up.  Eevee doesn't live that far from me.

This is Saskia modelling Eevee's bag.


Before I go I must just show you the bum bags that Saskia made on Christmas eve.  She made 2 of these for Evan and Flynn.


So that is the last show and tell for 2012.  I shall  be back soon.  I just have to decide what to make everyone for next Christmas!!


7 comments:

  1. You are so talented!! These are wonderful! Have you ever thought of opening a shop on Etsy.com and selling your creations there? I heard that the handmade items sell better there than on Ebay. Looking forward to seeing what kind of gifts you will be making for Christmas 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my owl! I made a pincushion - but you won't get it. I used thread I had on hand and it must have been on hand for years. When I finished, a couple of them broke. So, as soon as my sewing machine is back in order, your pincushion is at the top of the list. I love the idea of Kathy's swap, and I do think you need to look into Etsy as well as eBay. There's a much longer web presence there, and we could pin it on Pinterest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you're already thinking of Christmas 2013! Are you trying to give me a heart attack lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowee I loooooove them all.......you have yourself a business there!!!.....you are sooooooo talented!!!.....meanwhile I'm over here cutting foam in circles trying to make a darn snowman...lmao.....which I accomplished, you seen him!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative and talented! Thanks for the show & tell. I always enjoy seeing the things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I love your wall hangings, how much do you sell them for??, I would love one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have just opened an Etsy shop as you may well know from my blog. I have one wall hanging listed and it is a different sort to this one. I do intend to make some more of these and I think they would be £20 Plus the cost of the hanger and postage. If you really want one then I can do one for you at £20 including hanger and postage. just let me know. Thanks for your lovely comments. Oh and my Etsy shop can be found here:

      www.etsy.co,/shop/Fabrilushus.

      Delete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget