Wednesday 23 January 2013

One week on

Can you believe it, Jackson is a week old already.  Both he and his Mummy are doing well.  I went to visit again yesterday.  It was a bit of a trek to get there, 2 buses and a train.  It was worth it though. I got to see the little man without his CPAP apparatus.  He was awake for a while too.


He is doing amazingly well.  His milk has just been increased today to 8.5ml an hour.  He is going to keep his Mummy busy!  He has more or less regained his birth weight so is just a fraction under 3lb.   I took in some tiny, little, premature clothes for him and they are way too big even though they are size 1lb - 3.5lb.  It doesn't matter as he can't wear anything yet anyway.   We are hoping to go again on Saturday weather permitting.  Just saw a local weather forecast which is saying snow on Friday!  I HATE SNOW.

Today has been a day of catching up on housework.  Lots to do as I was out all day yesterday.  This afternoon I spent compiling 5 separate newsletters for the 5 sponsor dogs at the rescue kennels.   It is part of the sponsorship scheme that they get 4 newsletter updates a year.  It took me quite a while as  I was starting from scratch.  The next one will be easier.  Maybe tomorrow I'll show you the 5 dogs.

This evening I did a bit of sewing.  I am making another iPad case.  Didn't get it finished though as I had to stop and cook dinner.  I have been blobbing this evening.  I am tired.  In fact I think it is time to retire with a good book.


5 comments:

  1. He's adorable. And awake! So glad he's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to read Jackson is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson is adorable, and it is great seeing his face. What a handsome man!! Hope the snow stays away and you can make another trip to visit your grandson. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jackson is gorrrrrrgeous, he sure has lots of hair huh, lol....and it looks dark, is it? considering the girls are blond as can be , wouldnt that be funny!......I feel some little bitty Jackson clothes coming up in your sewing room.....gosh they'd almost be doll size....gosh soooooo cute and I am so so happy that Jackson is doing so well.....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those eyes!! What must he make of this new world he's in? I hope the snow ignores you and you can see him again Saturday, and I know that even that is not soon enough. I am so glad to hear that Verity is doing well, too - though her arms must ache to hold Jackson close to her heart. Continuing to pray for their health and their comfort. Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget