Monday 21 January 2013

Show and tell on Monday


Well as you may imagine my time has been limited over the last week so some of the stuff that I hoped to do just didn't get done.  They say there is going to be a lot more snow and that the sub zero temperatures will also be here for a while.  Hibernation time!  I HATE the cold so barely leave the house unless I have to.  The up side of that is more sewing time!

Despite lack of time I did manage a few items. A felt brooch, a wall hanging, an iPad / tablet case, a child's tote bag and two mobile phone cases to be precise.  All small projects, easily worked on.  

In addition to those I made some bunting for Jackson  for the baby shower which didn't happen.  Hopefully we can use it next weekend.  Here it is in the making. Do not look at the messy floor.


Here it is finished. I couldn't hang it on the wall so Simon held it out.


This is the brooch that I made. A flower one.  I sold 6 more of my heart shaped ones this week but on Ebay not from my new Etsy shop Fabrilushus. 


This is the iPad case in a green skull and cross bones fabric!


The first mobile (cell) case is a smaller one and fits my own mobile (cell) comfortably.  Why on earth do Merikans call them cells?  Mobile seems a much more sensible name because that is what they are, mobile!


The second cell (mobile) case is larger and fits an iPhone.  Cell case doesn't sound right.


This is the second little girls tote bag that I have done.  Pretty in pink with a bow decoration.  My Dad asked me tonight  "what is a tote bag"?  I actually don't know!  Well I do, but I can't really explain why it is different to another bag.  Nor do I know why they are called totes.  I do know what the verb tote means so I can kind of work it out.  Must look this up. What makes a bag a tote rather than a handbag or shopping bag, or even a plain old shoulder bag?  Answers on a postcard please.


Finally I made another "English Springtime" wall hanging like the one that I made for Kathy.  I really like this one.



They are all for sale in my Fabrilushus shop where 10% of all sales is going to go to the doggie Rescue.    If nothing actually ever sells then I will put them all on a craft stall at the dog show in the summer and hope to sell them there.  All profits then will be for the dogs.   I love those dogs.  Wish I could bring them all home.

That is it for this week.  I am currently working on a little embroidered card for Jackson.   I want to make more bags, brooches and cases this week.  Maybe another wall hanging too.




7 comments:

  1. A cell phone is a cellular phone that operates off cellular towers and is mobile, meaning it can be taken from place to place. Technically, it is a cellular phone. I could just use my cell at home and never take it anywhere.It would not be a mobile phone. My cordless phone at home is "mobile" in that I can take it anywhere on the property but it is limited to the property. It isn't a cell but it is mobile. Mobile is simply the portability of the phone while cell the actual function of the phone.

    American's are known for abbreviating things because we're always in a hurry... therefore, we have cells rather than cellulars. Just a shortcut.

    As for the tote, I think it is a matter of semantics. A tote implies to me a bag for transporting a quantity of anything one needs to move from one location to another.Like taking my gear to the gym with me and then back home. I wouldn't use a handbag. Usually they are slung from the shoulder. I use tote.

    A handbag is mostly for things a woman wants with her at all times. A shopping bag can be logically called a tote. A shoulder bag could be correctly called a tote or a handbag. Depending on usage and preference.

    Now you know why I just say purse and be done with it. Another shortcut.

    LOL, now, you can write another post about crazy Merikans and splitting hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jilly, I always enjoy your show and tell posts-you always manage to get so many new things made-I think you will do well on etsy, especially thinking your wall hangings will be a big hit-hope so. I should do a treasury over there with one of your pieces the treasurys are fun to make and gets the word out for your shop-have a great new week Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I have not come across treasurys yet so will look in to it. Any help gratefully received.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jilly! I'm chuckling through your post, and then Cynthia made me chuckle even more. She is exactly right! We do tend to shorten everything and are always in too big of a rush. I call it my cell, and will ask someone for their cell number. Just the way it is here. LOL

    You do such good work! Thanks for sharing your awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bunting (cuz I know what it is now)..lol....and everything else too!!!........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..everything is so nice! You are very talented..I know you will have no problem getting buyers for your items. We are experiencing very frigid temperatures too. We also have some snow in our forecast. I'm like you..I don't go out in it unless I have to.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. every time I see that wall hanging, I'm very tempted. I quite like the bunting too, in fact I always enjoy seeing all of your handiwork but the wall hangings are my favourite. :-)

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget