Friday 25 January 2013

Three Counties sponsor dogs

You all know that since last summer both Simon and I have been volunteering at the Three Counties Dog Rescue kennels.  They are a no kill shelter.  That is not actually an expression used much over here.  I think the majority of rescues try not to euthanize unless there is a medical reason meaning the dog has no quality of life.  Three Counties has an excellent record and does it's best to find  good homes.  It fosters out dogs that are unlikely to ever be adopted.  It pays for every penny of their care.   Every person there is a volunteer. We all give up our time for the love of the dogs.

OK, don't want to get on my soap box today.  If you want to know more about them you can go here: http://www.threecountiesdogrescue.org/   I have recently been given the task of doing the admin work for the sponsorship scheme and part of this involves putting together a newsletter for each dog 4 times a year.  I was doing them yesterday and it occurred to me that you might like to see photos of the dogs.

There are 5 dogs available to sponsor.  The first is Dolly, she is a boxer and quite gorgeous.  She is our longest serving resident having been at the kennels for around 8 years. She is a darling and if I didn't have my 2 Dallies I would bring her home to spend the final years of her life with us.


Second is Buster, a big, big boy.


Then there is Minty a collie cross who is fully of energy.


The 4th one is Jenson the Dalmatian who was rescued back in the summer from absolutely appalling circumstances.  He was kept locked up in a bedroom with no access to the outside world. He was malnourished and very, very, frightened.  He is just starting to put on some weight and both Simon and Jim have been working with him to try and gain his trust  and restore his confidence.  He has a long road ahead.


Lastly there is Phoebe but I am still waiting on photos of her.  It might be that I have to take some on Saturday when we go in to help.

Three Counties has around 70 dogs in kennels and more in foster homes.  It has annual costs in excess of £150,000 all of which is raised by volunteers like ourselves. Every one of the dogs is treated with love and affection, they are well cared for.  In many ways they are lucky.  They are luckier still when Gyll finds them their ideal home.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my doggie friends.


1 comment:

  1. Bless you for being involved with the animals. These dogs are all just beautiful. I hope they find a forever home soon!

    ReplyDelete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget