Thursday 13 September 2012

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Copy as posted to Blogster and Ipernity this afternoon.  Enough is enough.

OK, time to call it a day with all these different blog sites. I am very busy. I am doing lots and lots of sewing and other craft stuff. I am doing a lot of cooking and then there is all the normal house work. I am also now helping once a week at the dog rescue place. I do not have enough hours in the day to do all that I want.

I have tried to keep all the various sites updated. Today I have copied and pasted about 6 different blogs to two different places. I haven't got time for this. I wish that I could set things up so they would just post to both places as in Blogger and Multiply. I post to Blogger and it cross posts it to Multiply. Brilliant. I don't even have to go to Multiply. This will not work for Blogster and Ipernity.

I am finding Blogster to be a nightmare. When you copy and paste it leaves huge great gaps right in the middle of the blog and I have to go in and delete lines to try to eliminate this. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It does mess up the overall look though. It is a friendly place but I am not happy there.

The same goes for Ipernity. I cannot cross post. Again, I am not altogether happy with the set up there. I have only continued with the copy and past game because I have friends I do not wish to lose. I have Pam and Eileen on Blogster and Sue, Mickey and Jenny on Ipernity.

I'm sorry folks but I cannot keep up with this. I have to stop. Blogger is my home. I know some of you do not like it and it certainly is quite a learning curve but once you take the trouble to learn it, well it does everything Multiply did and a lot it does better. It has been around a long time so I doubt that it will be going tits up any time soon.

I really do not want to lose contact but you all have my email address and my postal address and most of you are on Face book too. I shall try to email you every month or so .

In the mean time, I wish you all well. Play nicely in the play ground.

Oh, I forgot to say that I am still reading the blogs of Sue, Mickey and Jenny because the RSS feed works from Ipernity and I can read them in Google reader. Sadly the RSS is yet one more thing that doers not work on Blogster.

If you want to keep up and read mine you could do the same. Go to my Blogger , sign up for the feed and hey presto. Or there is a link on my home page for you to sign up for my blogs to be emailed to you. That might work if anyone is interested.

3 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean about too many blogs! But to help you in one area. You can post your blogger blog on FB. Simply go to the page of each post you want to share once you publish it. At the bottom of every post is a share button for FB and several other sites. It puts a link to your post right on your FB Page. Your FB friends there can keep up with your blog by clicking the link. Brings them right here. If they subscribe by email (located just below the comment post box) they should get updates to comments if they want it.

    You can share every post on G+, although I know you're still new to that and not utilizing it much but you can share it there by linking your profile. Think you already have.

    You can email post to Blogger. You don't have to copy and paste them if you don't want to. I've also had the extra lines. It is annoying. The solution, if you don't email (sometimes) is if you save your posts save them without formatting... i.e. as a "*.txt" file or a "*.rft" file. This eliminates the problem. It is the formatting features of your word processing software that causes the extra lines. Blogger is is text based, although you can format inside on the post page. It doesn't like other software's codes. I have actually copy and pasted items to Notepad and then to Blogger. I had the same issue at times with Multiply. Did the same thing to solve. In gmail you can send items at plain text and it eliminates it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I have been writing the posts actually in Blogger so that may cause the problem with Blogster. So far so good here in Blogger!

      I didn't know about the face book sharing. Normally there is no way that I would put my blog on face book because sometimes there is stuff that I don't want family to see. Guess if I am only posting selected blogs then it would be ok.

      Not too sure about G+ yet. I can't really see what it offers me over and above Blogger??

      Oh just thought ... if I post to FB and it gives a link that will take them to my blog then presumably once there they can look around at other blogs??? If that is the case then that does not work for me.

      I wonder if I close it to contacts only ..... then the FB link would only work for contacts??? Hmmmmmm

      Delete
    2. That's an interesting question. I do the FB link, but my Blogger is open to the public. And I don't mind FB friends looking around. But the concept is intriguing. I've only done Blogger and FB - sore thumb slows typing.

      Delete

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget